Welcome to Bengeo Primary School!
Thank you for your interest in our school. This brief introduction highlights some key attributes of Bengeo School and some of the things of which we are most proud.
- We are a popular, welcoming two-form entry Community school including a nursery, with a playgroup on site, as well as highly rated Breakfast and After-School Clubs. We seek to provide a happy, supportive, safe and stimulating environment where children and staff enjoy learning and teaching and where parents are welcome.
- Our outstanding facilities include a spacious, purpose-built computer room, a new food technology room and lovely large grounds for the pupils to relax in at playtime. A recent addition includes interactive whiteboards in classrooms from Yr1 to Yr6.
- We are proud to have served our local community for many years, and we work with a wide range of community interests, groups and individuals to ensure the children are given a rich and varied experience that equips them to develop to their full potential.
- We pride ourselves on being a high-achieving school that works with all pupils to help them maximise their potential. Our good OFSTED report and consistently good SATs results are the product of an inclusive approach to the teaching and learning, strong leadership, good partnership with parents and a highly supportive staffroom atmosphere.
- Respect for others and valuing difference is vigorously promoted, as are high standards of behaviour and responsibility towards others.
- The curriculum is broad and well-balanced and provides the opportunity for children to learn effectively in all National Curriculum subjects. We seek to excite children about learning and help them become confident, independent thinkers who are enthusiastic about learning. Our excellent School Council is very active and widely respected by pupils, staff and governors alike.
- Our vibrant Parents’ Association plays an important part in enhancing the life of the school community as well as being exceptionally effective at providing financial support to the School.
We encourage you to visit the school and find out more for yourself. We look forward to meeting you, and hope that you will want to become part of our warm and supportive school community as a pupil, parent, a member of staff or governor.